In this video, Phil Jenkins and Paul Mitchell, Chartered Financial Planner and Director of Corporate Solutions, respectively, run through measures including:
- The freezing of the lifetime allowance
- Freezing of income tax bands
- The lack of change in Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax
- Opportunities for companies arising from the Corporation Tax super deduction
- How changes can be communicated to employees and the role of employers in the coming months
Rishi Sunak announced that he would do “whatever it takes” during the pandemic to support the UK economy – with pandemic related spending during 2020/21 and 2021/22 amounting to £407 billion. In our report, we provide highlights on the Chancellor’s proposed measures.