About Wren Sterling
Wren Sterling is a UK-wide independent financial advisory business. We navigate our clients through often complex markets that change frequently, by taking the time to understand their unique situation and advise from a completely independent standpoint. In the personal finance market, Wren Sterling specialises in all aspects of investments, protection and retirement planning, while our advisers are committed to developing long-standing client relationships that span generations.
Responsible for supporting the Head of Marketing to complete business-wide projects that require Marketing support, campaigns to new and existing clients, and internal communications initiatives.
Wren Sterling is a fast-growing business with ambitious investors. We are on track to add at least 20% to our workforce in 2022, while we have a strategic acquisitions programme that is bringing new businesses on board regularly, which requires careful integration and immediate marketing support to rebrand.
On top of that, we’re undergoing a brand refresh exercise that will require implementation and there’s the day-to-day marketing support required to generate leads for our sales teams and deliver an ongoing client communication programme.
Marketing has many stakeholders in the business as well as being “the voice of the client”, so it’s important to manage competing priorities, while being responsive and professional at all times.
This is a new role and you will join a team of two that works smartly and efficiently to produce impactful Marketing communications. We’re looking for someone with flexibility, a proactive approach and able to cope with ambiguity. In return, Wren Sterling offers you the chance to be part of a business that is growing rapidly, is investing in brand as a key strategic priority, and is known as a company that looks to develop its employees through supported training and qualifications.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned:
- Supporting the Head of Marketing to deliver marketing tasks in key strategic projects, which will include the integration of acquired businesses and other projects, as and when they arise
- Representing the Marketing team at project meetings, working with the Project Manager to deliver tasks on time and on budget and reporting progress to the Head of Marketing
- Managing third party agencies to deliver Marketing requirements on time and on budget
- Drafting internal communications material for Wren Sterling and group companies
- Supporting the Marketing team to develop digital and print client communications, including writing copy for the website, client-facing literature
- Supporting the Marketing team to design, deliver and report on marketing campaigns to prospects and existing clients
- Supporting other members of the wider Commercial team and the Executive team to prepare marketing collateral to meet business objectives, plus internal communications materials
- Understanding of how Marketing departments function in medium-sized businesses
- Financial services / financial advice knowledge desirable but not essential. A willingness to develop a baseline of understanding is more important
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Strong level of written English, plus an ability to create the story and deliver in a way that matches the brand guidelines and house style
- Digital marketing literate (Google Analytics, WordPress, CRM systems)
- IT literate, including all Microsoft Packages
- Confidence to deal effectively with third party agencies and colleagues.
- Ability to efficiently manage priorities and workloads
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines
- Self motivated
- Ability to promote a team spirit and sense of purpose
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving
- 7 GSCEs or equivalent (including Maths and English)
- Marketing degree or Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification at level 4, or equivalent marketing qualification
- 3 years’ marketing experience
- Negotiation skills for handling contracts and suppliers
- Project management skills
- SEO, PPC, Social Media (organic and advertising)
Key performance Indicators:
The performance of the staff member assigned to this job role function shall be measured by:
- Role-specific objectives to be agreed with the Head of Marketing
- Positive feedback from team members and key stakeholders.
- Behaviour aligned to Wren Sterling’s company values
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to compliance and other legal regulatory processes.